We are open - safety is our top priority!
Posted on: March 18, 2016
When to Rush Your Child to an Emergency Dentist
Dental problems can happen to anyone, but they can be very scary when they happen to your child. To see which dental disasters require emergency treatment, use this handy guide. A Cracked or Broken Tooth When your child comes to you with a cracked or broken tooth, you may not know what to do. If the tooth is badly damaged and the child is in pain, you need to immediately take your child to an emergency dentist Palm Coast. When this happens to your child, take the problem seriously and follow these simple steps:
- Rinse your child’s mouth with warm water.
- Place a cold compress on your child’s cheek to minimize discomfort and swelling, but wait for the dentist’s instructions before giving your child pain relievers.
- Take your child to an emergency dentist immediately.
A Knocked-out Tooth Did you know that when your child’s tooth is knocked out, there’s a much higher chance of saving the tooth when you seek emergency dental services Palm Coast within one hour? To increase the odds of reattaching the tooth, use these four helpful tips:
- Try to find the tooth.
- Once you’ve located it, hold the tooth only by its enamel to avoid touching the delicate root.
- Clean the tooth by rinsing it gently in water, without rinsing or scrubbing away any tissue connected to the root.
- Put the tooth back in its socket or place it in a water-filled plastic bag with a pinch of salt as you travel to the emergency dentist.
A Dental Abscess This is one of the most serious dental conditions that should never be ignored. An abscess is a bacterial infection that occurs inside the tooth. It’s typically caused by a chip in the enamel, a broken tooth, or decay. If your child experiences severe mouth pain and swelling, this is a telltale sign of an abscess and you must take your child to an emergency dental services Palm Coast clinic right away. If your child doesn’t see an emergency dentist, the infection will only spread and threaten their dental and overall health. To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Palm Coast, call today at or make an appointment. offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Palm Coast. Our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .