COVID-19 Safety Message: Visit our practice with confidence – your safety is our top concern.
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
If your teeth are stained or discolored, you might be self-conscious and reluctant to show your smile. Thankfully, a teeth bleaching dentist can help you regain your confidence by helping you achieve a noticeably whiter smile.
What Is In-Office Teeth Whitening?
If you’re looking for a simple and effective way to enhance the appearance of your natural teeth, consider our professional teeth whitening treatments. In as little as one treatment, deep stains and discoloration can be removed with our professional whitening gel.
Most people seeking professional whitening treatments are looking to remove stains caused by smoking or long-term consumption of certain drinks, including coffee, tea, red wine, and soda). However, there are some forms of tooth discoloration that don’t respond well to professional whitening treatments. These types of stains include advanced tooth decay, overexposure to fluoride, and long-term use of tetracycline. Additionally, any type of dental restoration won’t respond well to the bleaching gel, such as veneers, crowns, dental bridges, and fillings.
Before beginning treatment, our dentists will carefully examine your mouth and will work with you to develop a customized teeth whitening treatment plan that best meets your needs. Get in touch with us today to make your appointment.
What Is Teeth Whitening at Home?
Our take-home teeth whitening kits are an easy and convenient way to obtain professional results in the comfort of your own home. If you choose this option, you’ll come into our office so we can take impressions of your teeth. From the mold of your mouth, custom-made trays are created to ensure a secure fit over your teeth. The trays are made of a clear plastic material and are similar in appearance to a mouth guard. We’ll provide you with professional-strength whitening gel that you’ll dispense into the trays before use. When worn for about an hour every day, you can achieve a smile that’s six shades lighter within two weeks.
Teeth Whitening Average Cost
There are many different factors that can contribute to the cost of teeth whitening, including the level of your tooth discoloration, how many whitening treatments you need, and whether any follow-up visits are required. Whether you receive an in-office whitening treatment or an at-home whitening kit can also affect your total cost. In-office whitening treatments tend to cost a little more than take-home whitening kits.
Since professional whitening is considered a cosmetic procedure, treatment isn’t usually covered by dental insurance. To learn more about your teeth bleaching cost, we encourage you to call our office and make an appointment. You’ll receive an estimate of your teeth whitening cost when you come in for your consultation.
What Are the Differences Between Professional vs. DIY Teeth Whitening?
Most patients want to know if there are any key differences between over-the-counter teeth whitening products and in-office treatments from a dentist. While products like whitening strips, toothpaste, and mouth rinses may provide a mild improvement in the color of your teeth, the bleaching gel used by a dentist is stronger and offers more reliable results. Do-it-yourself options also pose the risk of irritation and uneven whitening results when used incorrectly. Choosing a professional treatment from a teeth bleaching dentist eliminates these types of problems because treatment is performed under carefully monitored conditions, ensuring that you achieve your desired results safely and effectively.
How Teeth Whitening Is Performed
The specific steps for an in-office teeth whitening treatment are dependent on the whitening system used by your dentist. You can expect your entire office visit to last about an hour. To learn more about what you can expect during a standard professional whitening treatment, refer to these steps:
- Your teeth are examined by your dentist and thoroughly cleaned before beginning treatment.
- Photos of your teeth may be taken to document your current tooth shade and assess your progress following treatment.
- To expose all of your visible teeth, a cheek retractor is placed in your mouth.
- Then, your dentist applies a special liquid that works as a protective barrier from the bleaching gel.
- After all the prep work has been completed, your dentist applies the whitening gel to the surface of your teeth. The gel will remain on your teeth for a specific length of time, and several applications may be needed to achieve your desired level of whitening.
- Depending on the whitening gel your dentist uses, the gel may be activated by an intense light to enhance results.
- Your dentist will check to see how well your teeth have whitened between applications of the bleaching gel. Depending on whitening progress, more gel may be applied.
- When everything is finished, you will have the cheek retractor removed. Your teeth and gum will be rinsed and you will be able to view the results. You dentist will offer you next steps based on how the treatment turned out.
Our dentists want to help you achieve a more dazzling smile. Contact our office today to learn more about the advantages of teeth whitening in Palm Coast.